The Exxon Mobil campus north of Houston is taking shape, and a good place get a look at what’s being developed is from above.
Aerial photos show multiple buildings and parking garages being framed on the 386-acre site west of Interstate 45 near the Hardy Toll Road.
It’s like a small downtown being built from scratch.
There are about 20 structures under construction by a workforce of 3,000, said company spokesman Patrick McGinn.
When it’s completed in mid-2015, the development will house 10,000 people. Employees are expected to start moving in early next year, McGinn said.
Get more details on the Exxon Mobil mega-campus at HoustonChronicle.com.
Read more of the latest FuelFix coverage of Exxon Mobil:
- Exxon identifies source of refinery flash fire (April 19)
- Exxon takes Energy Corridor property to market (April 18)
- Exxon Mobil’s still big, but not the biggest (April 17)
- Two Exxon board members made more than $700,000 in 2012 (April 16)
- Exxon CEO’s compensation rises 8 percent to $27.2M (April 12)
- Exxon CEO on death: ‘It makes a big impression on you’ (April 5)
- Exxon Mobil CEO on spill: ‘I’m proud of the response’ (April 3)