By Robert Stanton
A fire that broke out at a Kinder Morgan facility in Pasadena early Tuesday kept firefighters busy, but no injuries were reported.
The blaze began at 9 a.m. in a glycol re-boiler unit at Kinder Morgan’s West Clear Lake natural gas storage facility at 5200 Genoa Red Bluff Road, the company stated in a news release.
Plant personnel shut down the area and secured the unit involved, according to Kinder Morgan spokesman Joe Hollier. There was no release of natural gas, company officials said.
Pasadena volunteer firefighters responded and coordinated with plant personnel to extinguish the fire. Channel Industries Mutual Aid also assisted in the response.
Plant officials said that no evacuations were ordered. Emergency responders temporarily blocked portions of Genoa Red Bluff Road in the vicinity of the plant.
Glycol is an organic compound widely use in anti-freeze for vehicle use, and also is used in natural gas processing to remove water from natural gas.