The Department of the Interior’s Minerals Management Service recognized several companies and individuals for their work in safety, environmental protection and pollution prevention during a lunch at the OTC today.
“The Offshore Leadership Award and the Safety Award for Excellence are the highest honors MMS can give,” said MMS Acting Director Walter Cruickshank. “MMS is proud to recognize those who have raised the standard of excellence in offshore operations.”
The 2009 SAFE Award winners:
• Drilling Contractor- Noble Drilling Corp.
• Production Contractor- Danos & Curole Marine Contractors, Inc
• High Activity Operator- Devon Energy Production Co.
• Moderate Activity Operator- Noble energy, Inc.
The OLA award is for “safety achievements, improved environmental protection or enhanced resource recovery and conservation, or who have inspired innovation and outstanding performance by others.”
The 2009 OLA winners:
• Wayne Broussard, PSN/Grasso
• A.J. Guiteau, Diamond Offshore Drilling, Inc.
• George Hagerman, Virginia Tech Advanced Research Institute
• Ann Jochens, Texas A&M University
• Paul Landry, Apache Corporation
• Darryl Luoma, BP Exploration (Alaska) Inc.
• Alan Romine, InterACT PMTI
• John Seeger, InterACT PMTI
• Chris Brooks, Merit Energy Company
• William “Billy” Poe, Explosive Service International
• Harlan King
• Virgil Russell, BP America, Inc
• Al Gonsoulin, Petroleum Helicopter, Inc.