A few of the energy related items in today’s Houston Chronicle or on chron.com:
• Nuclear regulators hear pros, cons on proposed South Texas expansion: The nuclear power debate returned to the public square in Texas when activists, politicians and citizens lined up to speak up about proposals to expand the nuclear power plant near Bay City.
• BP expects to return plant to full throttle this year: BP’s continued efforts to improve performance include bringing its Texas City refinery back to operation at full tilt this year amid a $1 billion overhaul, the company said Tuesday.
• Little solace in Texas City: Loren Steffy on the BP blast victim’s families.
• Local Earnings: Nabors’ profit declines as North American drilling slows, Teppco net income drops.
• Regional Briefs: NRG and BP do Texas wind project, Kinder Morgan sells debt.
• Digest: Dynamic Offshore Resources is Houston’s newest E&P company.